B&Q Folding French Doors - need an alternative!

These doors, that they sell at B&Q:

are seemingly ideal for our needs. They're like French Doors except in multiple panels and the second panels also fold out. They're *not* the bi/tri/vu-fold ones that are on tracks. Problem is they come veneered and only in two colours, neither of which are ideal for us. So I've tried in vain to find another supplier (or perhaps B&Q's actual supplier), of the same thing, either in uPVC or wood or anything. I can't find any doors that function in the same way!

Anyone recognise the style and know of any others? Thanks very much!

Reply to
Mark Allett

If a wood finish is ok could they be stained to the one you want?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

=A0 London SW

Wickes do a range online at

claire.maguire

the B&Q ones do. The folding ones on the first page are the same as the bi-fold ones, on a track. It means that when they're fully open, they hang at 90deg to the house, which looks poor. The French ones fold back. It's difficult to actually explain how they operate!

Reply to
Mark Allett

HAve you looked at them in store to see if there's evidence of the manufacturers name?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Won't their ability to fold back be determined by the depth of the frame within the brickwork? I have some French doors that 'could' open 180 degrees - but due to the brickwork they can only open to about 100 degrees.

Reply to
John

Heh! Yeah, nothing that I could see. The hinges & bits were branded IIRC but I suspect they were just third party bits anyway. Thanks.

Reply to
Mark Allett

Yes you're right. The hinges stuck out a little to allow the folding behaviour though. In the display in the store, they don't fold back properly because of the display itself, but you can see that they would fold back most of the way if mounted correctly.

Reply to
Mark Allett

You could try asking for the contact details on the pretense of losing the original documentation and needing to order a spare part.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I found out! You'll never guess what I did - I phoned B&Q and asked them! And they were happy to tell me. Premium Timber Products in Bristol do them (and a lot of their other stuff apparently).

Thanks guys

Reply to
Mark Allett