Automatically created websites?

Where I worked in a very large plant we had equipment from all over the world. Reading instructions could be right interesting. What really bugged me was the different standards. US standard was red for off and green for on. Then we got in the imported stuff where red was power on and not safe and green was power off and safe to open the electrical cabinet door. That made us ignore all the color codes.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Some of my favourites come from translations on signs and products:

We apologize your activities disturbed due to construction of groin

DANGER A dangerous toy. This toy is being made for the extreme priority the good looks. The little part which suffocates when the sharp part which gets hurt is swallowed is contained generously. Only the person who can take responsibility by itself is to play

Do not use elevator when causing fire.

Because there is danger that it is involved in a dolphin , Please do not grow a hand in a fence.

Keep out of children.

Reply to
lar3ryca

My father had been an electrician in a shipyard for a while. That didn't translate well to residential color coding so I learned to be cautious. I was also an adult before I knew people have expectations about which side the hot water tap is on.

Reply to
rbowman

I was in LA after a winter storm blew though and briefly cleared the air. 'Hot shit! I didn't know there were mountains!'

Reply to
rbowman

My favorite verse:

Pollution! Pollution! You can use the latest toothpaste, then rinse your mouth with Industrial waste.

Reply to
Ken Blake

Well, yes, but you're supposed to read the label on top of the tap. Everyone knows that C means hot.

Reply to
Peter Moylan

Been there, done that in Quebec. And F means frigging cold.

Reply to
rbowman

A company I worked for had two taps in the washroom that were both labelled "C", my cow-orker pointed it out to me and told me which was which. I thanked him and pointed out that they we properly labelled as 'Cold' and 'Chaud'

Reply to
lar3ryca

I've used Google translate to several languages including Russian to speak to friends, and they've never found it that inaccurate.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Where I worked we hired Irish electricians (an oxymoron) to extend the building. So half the building had UK wiring and half had EU wiring. Different colours. In particular the black wire could either be neutral or one of the live phases. When one of the "electricians" connected two phases instead of a phase and neutral to a room of computers, interesting things happened. I ripped off their insurance company though, so it had a happy ending.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Sissy.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Doesn't work when the letter or colour is worn off, or you're in a hurry.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Are you in a time warp? I recognized my deathless prose but that post was from 2 July.

Reply to
rbowman

Due to changing newsreader or newsserver I had an incorrect setting for detecting replies to me. When I corrected it, 3 months of old stuff appeared it wasn't previously detecting.

If your prose is deathless, then it doesn't matter if I reply in 400 years.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey