Atoms

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 08:35:01 GMT, a particular chimpanzee named "Brian Sharrock" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Thing was, it wasn't the real question. The real question was, "how long a thread can I start with a totally pointless question?".

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

I am sure it remains entirely unmoved by your sentiment....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Currently carbon 12 is the benchmark for atomic mass, being defined as

12.000000. All other atoms are slightly (but importantly) different from the true integer value. Binding energy/packing fraction useage was one of the more world-changing discoveries. Think of a couple of very large bangs about sixty tears ago.

John Schmitt

Reply to
John Schmitt

Except that typical PVC can contain up to about 40% phthalate. The unplasticised material is too stiff and brittle for trainers.

John Schmitt

Reply to
John Schmitt

What part of your brain was damaged at your birth?

Or is your inability to look at a broad guide without a microscope some other defect due to a childhood illness?

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Airsoles? He did ask for chemists which I think is close enough... ;-)

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Thanks for all of the replies.

The reason I was interested is because I was contemplating a project for an art course "Presence thru absence". I was wondering whether the trainers would be able to record every run I take by altering the relation between atoms and losing/gaining atoms through wear. (Of course the temporal value would not be present.) Like a giant memory stick.

(Well it is sort of DIY related... - the feedback I get from this BB is always of the highest quality)

Thanks again.

Colin

Reply to
Colin

(Carbon is mostly Carbon 12 not

Doh! I knew something didn't look right! well, I did say it had been a long time.... still, gotta leave something for the OP to think about :-)

Reply to
RichardS