Asbestos(?) water tank

Not just asbestos cement - it was used as a filler/fibre reinforcement in s ome plastic products, too - toilet seats and cisterns, and some plastic flo or tiles among other things. Some artex contained asbestos, too. Does anyone remember the asbestos product sold for making custom wall plugs - you were instructed to take a suitable amount, add some water (though I seem to remember most people used to just spit on it) and roll it between y our hands to make a suitable size plug...

Reply to
docholliday93

Rawlplastic. Excellent stuff, I've still got some. It took 30 years to get a decent replacement. I had a friend whose wife insisted he stop using it on health grounds - he died of a heart attack a few years later.

Reply to
charles

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

I remember my dad using it extensively before wallplugs became popular, it worked well and yes, spit was the common binder. Came complete with an angled prodder, spike on the short end to make a starting hole for the screw. Non-reversible when set though.

Found a tin (cylinder) of it when clearing our his shed, Rawlplug brand. I of course called out a full hazmat team who decontaminated the whole scene for what I thought was a very reasonable 2k + vat.

Reply to
fred

+1
Reply to