Are string vests OT?

from central heating.

Or those who, for whatever reason, isn't near central heating.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In my experience Norwegians can spell when writing English ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

LOL! When I'm on the phone to Mum and the topic of pyjamas comes up then I know the conversation has pretty well covered everything...

chees, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

heating.

Wearing an extra tee shirt works well too.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

She's only looking after your welfare...... :-)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

My Mum never mentions pyjamas. We don't wear them, nighties are more comfortable. Pyjamas are for children!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

from central heating.

Spouse used to disdain the wearing of vests. He said they were for wimps, he was a Real Man and didn't need them.

When he was cold I noticed that he wore a t-shirt under his shirt.

Nowadays, when it's cold, he wears a vest under his t-shirt under his shirt under his sweat shirt under his body warmer unde ... well you'll have got the idea.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I'm not sure about thermals any more. And anyway, we'd never have had such an interesting thread about them!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

AREN'T near central heating. The cold has fuddled your brain Mary.

Having spent teh first 18 years of my life without it,

I can assure you that whatever else I give up, central heating will be near the bottom of the list.

Its not actually the utter cold, as much as the accompanying damp and mildew which plays havoc with my lungs...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In my experience you can't tell singular forms of verbs from plural.

And no, norweginas can't spell english.

What do you think a 'trottel' is?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No - just testing. I wondered who'd be the first to take the bait :-) It's not cold here - I'm wearing my vest and long sheepskin boots.

As well as other clothes.

near the bottom of the list.

Yes, I reckon we could live without it. We installed it after Spouse's heart attack, when sleeping in the cold caused him a lot of pain. That was twenty years ago and the thermostat is turned so low now that the boiler rarely fires. We'd managed for forty five years without it before then.

He also gave up the motor bike for the same reason and graduated to four wheels, he's now back to a scooter for most journeys.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I've no idea. I've no idea, either, what a norwegina is :-)

Are you going to tell me?

You tell me yours and I'll tell you what 'trollen' means :-)

Then we can both be bored.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I have slept more or less naked since 1969.

Hate any sort of bedwear.

Prefer a heated bedroom :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Er - do we need to know that?

Keeps you warm when going to the ... er ... necessarium.

I hate that. When it's hot, no matter how few the coverings (not a sight for the faint hearted) I wake up with a dry mouth. And I dream.

Awful.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In article , Mary Fisher writes

Has the original poster e-mailed Rab. C. Nesbit yet;-)

Reply to
tony sayer

I am proud to follow in the footsteps of the "string-vested philosopher".

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Sounds scarily like my Dad! Though I've given him a fleece to wear, should help get the number of layers under control.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

I know, I must have spent two hours of my life so far talking about pyjamas on the phone! :)

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

You might be able to get them in pikey Liverpool..

Reply to
BillV

Me too.. I find a couple of dogs or cats are sufficient to keep one warm in bed. As the Eskimos say, "that was a 3 dog night"

Reply to
BillV