Are mains plugs ...

People /try/ to sell all sorts of shit, I expect a lot of it remains unsold particularly at the extortionate prices that some are asking for things that really aren't that rare or useful. But I suspect that reasonably priced vintage electrical stuff will find a new home fairly often. I was tempted to put a Bakelite 2A (?) socket above the mantel shelf for a vintage electric clock, but I've papered it now.

Reply to
Rob Morley

My uncle used to boil big gammon joints in the washer half of an electrolux twin-tub washing m/c.

Reply to
Andrew

I have a Baby Burco I use for home brewing.

Reply to
Huge

I have a heap of about a hundred c13/c14 "kettle extension leads" of various lengths and colours, if only I could decide what the appropriate number is to keep, I'd sling the rest, but the number of IEC outlets I have on UPSes, PDUs and power-strips is not far off a hundred...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I occasionaly dabble with a model railway,, very fine wire is often required to install the control chips, lighting wires etc The cores from a good quality Scart lead can often be a free source of such a thin gauge wire especially as so many are knocking about since the introduction of HDMI.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

I have a shed full of "stuff", about 10% of which may be useful - problem is knowing which is the 10%.

Reply to
bert

My mum used to use the Baby Burco.

Reply to
Bob Eager

The 10% you clear out of course. Whener I chuck things out I soon need something that got chucked.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

What, the Speaker of the House of Commons? How odd.

Reply to
Tim Streater

In message , Huge writes

Don't, please! I have two stacks of plastic boxes containing electrical and computer related stuff from old mice, speakers and keyboards to my first CD writer, memory that was out of date years ago, serial and parallel cables no-one will ever use, mains leads, phone cable, TV aerial cable, wall warts for stuff that died years ago, expired sim cards, countless audio cables I'll probably never use etc. Trouble is, whatever I chuck, will be urgently required days later.

Reply to
Graeme

I threw the huge box of serial stuff away when we moved. Hadn't used any of it for years.

I also winnowed out the boxes of assorted computer stuff down to one small one, finally throwing the last of my Sun hardware away. :o(

I'm glad I kept the assorted USB mice, since I needed one last week, although one of the old ones had succumbed to "plastic cancer" and its little wheel had turned to sticky glop.

Reply to
Huge

Analogue wall warts are very handy if you can match them up to modern bits of kit, especially if you are into receiving short wave radio without terrible interference. Also of course I had a serial card put in my latest computer so I could still back up an old organiser. USB mice and indeed ps 2 mice are very handy for when a sighted person comes around and wants to use a computer! Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff