Apprentice Challenge

Where can I find a left-handed single 13 amp socket?

Reply to
bert

How about an ambidextrous one?

I don't think I would buy one though.

Reply to
dennis

Surely you just wire live to neutral and neutral to live? ;-)

Reply to
Tim+

Cut a double one in half and take the one you want.

Reply to
Max Demian

Might do the job.

Reply to
bert

That would be the LHS if you had a outboard switched socket.

Reply to
ARW

In a mirror.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well funny you should say this, but many double switched sockets have one right and one left hand socket on them. this is ideal for both left and right handed people. :-) Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

There have been many novelty sockets over the years,like ones that glow orange when switched on etc. Never did understand the reason. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

"What does up-to-down in Britain, down-to-up in America, and side-to-side in Japan?"

(I don't think they use our style of power sockets in Japan though. I don't know what they use. I think they do in Iraq - maybe other places.)

Reply to
Max Demian

Adrian Caspersz

How the hell did you find them?

Reply to
ARW

It happens that Max Demian formulated :

I was in Aldi today and they had some switched 13amp socket on their price reduced 'remainders' racks. They had the socket holes as normal the switch above, but horizontal and slightly right of the centre line.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Bonus point for bringing angle grinder into the discussion.

Reply to
bert

He asked your apprentice.

Reply to
bert

Excellent. Just the job.

Reply to
bert

In article , bert writes

..the one who spends all day on his mobile phone searching for unusual appliances and offers.

Reply to
bert

I'm sure some of Adam's apprentices do exactly that.

Including watching videos of young ladies demonstrating said unusual appliances!

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The Grand designs program, where a Huff Haus was built somewhere in Surrey showed that all the 3 pin sockets were like this.

Reply to
Andrew