Anyone know where to buy those racks with slots for storing cables (i.e. mains cables and PC interconnects)?

I'm looking for a source of those sort of 'rows of slots' with soft rubber sides to the slots that are for storing interconnect and mains cables in a workshop or lab.

I've not seen them recently but we used to have them in our electronics development workshops many moons ago and I'm looking for some to use at home to try and make storing lots of HDMI cables, printer cables, mains leads, etc. a bit easier.

So does anyone have any idea where I might find some?

Reply to
cl

I've found *some* myself after a bit of searching around the Radiospares web site:-

These are called 'test lead racks'. If anyone can find any elsewhere I'd be interested.

Reply to
cl

Have you tried CPC? they tend to have that sort of thing and usually cheaper than RS.

The other way is to cut your own from aluminium angle and put on heatshrink sleeving to protect the cables. Tedious but easy to make by the mile if you want lots.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Yes, I tried CPC before I tried RS. I couldn'tfind anything there though that might be because of using the wrong search terms.

That's a fairly practical way to do it. In my garage I simply have a wooden bar sticking out from the wall with lots of cup hooks on it, that works OK but I was looking for something *slightly* more elegant to use in my indoor workshop/study.

Reply to
cl

My solution is to screw a lot of the smallest size of terry clip in rows, not quite in contact, on pieces of plywood. You can lose a lot of cables on the back of a convenient door that way.

The other cable storage hint from the web recently which I use in a couple of storage boxes is to coil the cable and stuff it inside loo roll tubes. You can leave the ends hanging out for convenient identification, also write on the tubes to identify "specials".

Reply to
newshound

Not sure if it's exactly what you mean, but having recently bought some Dexion Speedframe, the same maker does a small parts storage system which consists of a slotted metal plate which you fix to the wall which then takes a variety of things like bins or hooks.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Googling 'cable hangers' threw up a few entries of some interest.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You're right, thanks!

Reply to
cl

Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

All sounds a bit fiddly. Bung em in a box

NT

Reply to
meow2222

"Expected back in stock 4th April 2014", brought by bicycle from China I guess! :-)

Reply to
cl

That's why it's not always fair to reply "LMGTFY" or "f*** off & google it" to such questions --- some of them look like really easy questions if & only if you happen to know the magic words.

Reply to
Adam Funk