Anyone know where I can get an all-plastic cheap 4cm bore butterly valve?

I am looking for a 4cm bore completely plastic butterfly valve (or similar) for low pressure water.

I can find plenty of web sites offering expensive items but am wondering if anyone knows of a cheap alternative designed for domestic use, garden ponds etc...

I need a butterfly valve as I require low operating torque.

Reply to
Peter

Find a local "large" tomato/cucumber or other horticultural business and ask if you can trawl through their scrap heap. you might be lucky.

Reply to
John

You might be lucky. Why would such a plastic valve, with no scrap value, be put on the scrap heap in the first place?

Reply to
Aidan

Do you think bits and pieces cut out from a pipework system on a maintenance or refurbishment basis are going to be carefully placed in a bin bag and taken away by the bin collectors? Such stuff is usually thrown on a heap and cleared out when the heap has grown to make a worthwhile clear out via a skip or trailer.

Reply to
John

I think such a valve might be put on the scrap heap because it's scrap, knackered, BER, defunct, an ex-valve. If it worked it would probably be recycled. But like you said, he might be lucky.

Reply to
Aidan

Thanks for the tip.

I am not looking for a high-spec butterfly valve that I can get cheaply but for a plastic valve designed for some cheap undemanding task. Hek, I don't even need much of a seal when its shut, it just has to inhibit the water flow.

Reply to
Peter