anti-condensation bathroom mirror

Anyone got any DIY ideas for a non-steaming-up mirror. This is the sort of thing for which they rip you off in the shops. I guess you just want a heater on the back. What type of element would be suitable ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Dry it, then wipe it with neat washing up liquid, then wipe dry again.

You can also use the stuff for spectacles, but it's essentially concentrated washing up liquid.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

A mirror element:

Reply to
Grunff

Easy as that ! Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Also you can get some stuff for car windscreens which is probably also concentrated washing up liquid. ah well, I can always use these 3 bottles of car windscreen desteamer to clean the dishes :)

I was going to fit one of these when renovating our bathroom; however, earlier on in the refurb (fortunately) I installed an extractor fan and the mirror no longer steams up at all. So I didn't bother with the element.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Do you remember those stick on car rear windscreen heaters you dad used to put on his old banger of a car - they work for this. Wire them into a transformer, and the light switch.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Ideal for a designer bathroom. ;-)