Another two towers down at Thorpe Marsh power station

I knew two were coming down this morning but I was mislead about the time. As I pulled up at my friends house 4 miles from the cooling towers we heard the first one fall at 5.50am:-(

We raced through to Barnby Dun to catch the second one falling

If I can find the USB lead I did take a HQ video on a camcorder and will be able to upoad a better video.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Where, if I recall correctly, in the days before Health and Safety they managed to fry three guys by letting them go into an electrostatic precipitator while it was still at 30 kV.

Reply to
newshound

Four, apparently

Andy Burns

No. Two towers came down yesterday ie the 5th of August. It's the first time they have pulled two towers down in the same day.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Not the dates I have:-)

I was told one down on the 19th.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Reply to
rustynail2012

I am 99% one will be coming down Sunday morning. Anytime from 5.45 onwards.

It could be both but when I passed on Wednesday there was no chain in place on the second one (or the chain was at the side I could not see)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

The last two are down. Mr Revitt was correct.

Reply to
ARWadsworth