Another bodge

Went into the roof above the en suite yesterday, looking for lighting circuit cables, and realised that the extractor that vents into the roof space is covered by insulation! The same for the bathroom one as well. 1988-vintage property built by Bloors.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Nearly as good as one I fixed last week. One toilet extract blowing into the next toilet, and only one fan installed - nothing to the outside at all. All done by a 'professional' building company. Customer had believed for 14 years that he had two extractors:-)

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Did I mention the one where I found an extractor blowing into a cavity wall (i.e. only through the inner leaf).

Reply to
John Rumm

I think this shows that most fans are installed to keep the BCO happy, not to actually be used :-)

Reply to
Mike

I have an extrctor in my kitchen, and another in the enclosed bathroom next door.

They do connect to the outside, but via the some (long) duct, so most of the cooking smells go to the bathroom.

Reply to
quisquiliae