Alternatives to Megaflo for indirect mains pressure cylinders?

A family member wants a better shower but the cylinder is 15-20 years old so I'm a little wary of trying to fit a new port in it (is this valid?) for a pump; the alternative seems to be to convert to mains pressure. I fitted a large megaflo in my house a few years ago (and have been very happy with it) but even the small (125L) ones seem quite expensive and she's short of cash - any alternatives recommended?

Reply to
no_spam

I fitted a techflange to what I think is the house's original (40+ Y/O) cylinder, no problems but it's a "definite point of no return" taking a hole-saw to an apparently good tank ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

IME, a 40 year old tank is only /apparently/ good. The copper in the base will be surprisingly thin. Had a younger than that one give out when I moved it in a replumbing exercise t'other year.

Reply to
Scott M

I have been very pleased with my Vaillant Unistor. There are a number of makers of them - but none are particularly cheap. You propbably do pay a premium for megaflow though since it has almost become a generic name.

See:

for some other makers...

Reply to
John Rumm