Aldi welder

I had a quick google and saw them from =A3180 up, its hard to justify it fo= r something I won't use much.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

=A3300+ for a MIG is much better value than a =A350 stick welder, in terms = of how much use you'll get of it.

I haven't had =A350 of use out of a stick welder in 10 years. Without a MIG= , I'd see maybe =A350 of use out it over a couple of years, but only just. = There's really very little (for people who don't simply assume that welder= s are basic house furnishing) that's amenable to stick welding.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

something I won't use much.

Machine mart have some at 160 - so about 80 more than a basic arc jobbie. Since I have had mine for probably getting on for 15 years or more that would be less than a tenner a year. I would also get more use out of the mig making it better value.

Reply to
John Rumm

I bought a new MIG with the intention of learning to weld - mainly thin stuff like car bodywork. And despite quite a bit of practice, have never managed to do it well. Thicker stuff is OK. Experts say that a skilled welder *might* just about manage with a cheap machine, but for those starting out the better the tool the easier it is.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

MIGs are a dream to use compared to arc or gas, arc I think's the hardest.

NT

Reply to
meow2222