Air valve question

I've some 2 input pneumatic cylinders, controlled by 3 port valves, that I get. Air goes in one way cylinder moves one way, vice versa.

What about a one input one, how do they release when you close the valve?

Cos i've an air clamp and i'm wondering what sort of valve to order, I presume it would need some sort of dump.

Reply to
R D S

But what lets the pressure out, that you've put it?

Reply to
R D S

A spring?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Is the correct answer, cheers.

Reply to
R D S

Now a penny drops, I was wondering why the cylinders were moving so slowly.....

Reply to
R D S

The sort of thing used to control such as doors is a five port valve.

Air in Exhaust/air out Connection to open side of cylinder Connection to close side of cylinder. Control port.

harry

So i've learned. The 3 port one is sort of working, but it's speed depends on natural leakage!

Reply to
R D S

Usually speed is controlled by an adjustable throttling valve on the exhaust air outlet. Two needed, one for opening and one for closing speeds.

Reply to
harry

If you've already got the valves, you could use two 3-port valves to control a double-acting cylinder rather than one 5-port one.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I've just used one 3 port valve on them on one end of the cylinder, we only need 'push' one way anyway. We can lift by hand.

Reply to
R D S

Spring?

Reply to