Air BnB

I can't think of any reason why I would have had a need to have heard of it.

Reply to
Nightjar

But, thinking "Oooh, I'm not quite sure what this is about", surely the first thing to do would be to shove the big fat hairy clue in the thread title into a search engine?

Reply to
Adrian

On 03/07/2015 15:34, Nightjar I can't think of any reason why I would have had a need to have heard of

I don't need to have heard that Barbie's boyfriend is Ken, or that Sylvanian families is a popular toy for girls, but I have.

If I saw a thread title saying "Tamagotchi problem", and I didn't know what one of those was, I'd probably use the opportunity to find out with the aid of a search engine. Learning new things is good.

I heard about Airbnb from reading articles in newspapers. One was talking about their logo design IIRC. If I hadn't, then putting the terms air and bnb into a popular search engine tells me on the front page.

Reply to
Clive George

My son in Amsterdam rented his place and got raving reports, always had a good experience with renters, and not aware of him ever having any issues.

Reply to
ss

But would you think it surprising that I had never heard of Syvanian families before you mentioned it, which is the point under discussion?

Learning useful new things is good. Learning things that have no practical value may sometimes be interesting, but more often will be a complete waste of time.

That still doesn't mean I should have heard of it before this.

Reply to
Nightjar

Fret not. Makes two of us that didn't have psychic V1.0 installed at birth.

Reply to
Richard

You've spent sufficiently long on this particular thread to indicate that time isn't _that_ tight for you :-)

I don't think you _should_ have heard about it before. However I think it's sufficiently easy to find out about it to make it not a problem.

Reply to
Clive George

On 03/07/2015 18:02, Clive George wrote: ...

I didn't suggest it was a problem. I simply pointed out that there was not a useful clue in the subject line. A prefix of OT would have been useful.

Reply to
Nightjar

On Fri, 03 Jul 2015 18:14:07 +0100, Nightjar I simply pointed out that there was not a useful clue in the subject

A clue that was useful for you, perhaps. But that doesn't mean there wasn't a clue.

Ask Joe Average in the street if they've heard of AirBnB, and I suspect you'd have very high recognition.

It makes a change in this group at the mo for something NOT to be flagged OT...

Reply to
Adrian

But not according to Davey

So are you saying Davey is indeed wrong ?

The fact that he subsequently changed his tune, and suggested that the above - "move right along" could somehow be interpreted in some way, as an invitation to look up Air BnB on Google simply doesn't hold water, I'm afraid.

michael adams

michael adams

Where did I do that? And what is your problem? There are serious trolls on these newsgroups, who are far more worthy of attention than me.

(This is really going nowhere.)

Reply to
Davey

since it went "up market" it now seems to be exclusively "professional" B&B's charging commercial rates

The days when it was "spare rooms for 20 quid a night" has long gone

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Reminds me rather of ebay. From flea-market to professional store front.

Reply to
Tim Watts

In message , at 15:08:41 on Fri, 3 Jul 2015, michael adams remarked:

What's non-obvious from the 2nd reply (mine):

"I've used it once and it was good. Turned out to be an upmarket professional B&B (rather than someone with a spare room, which I think is more common), "

Reply to
Roland Perry

But from that, you could be talking about a single B&B somewhere. .

michael adams

michael adams

En el artículo , Dave Plowman (News) escribió:

But & is invalid in a domain name, so it has to be

instead of www.airb&b.com.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Tim Watts escribió:

Nobody forced her to eat it, did they?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

We've been through this.

The thread title says 'Air BnB' Not airbnb. If it had said Air B&B (or even Air B'n'B) if you want to alter the name I'd have had an idea what it was about immediately.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Right. So you just find somewhere else to have breakfast in a strange town, with a busy day ahead?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

En el artículo , Dave Plowman (News) escribió:

Jeez. Send it back and ask for an acceptable replacement. Does no one have the balls to stick up for themselves any more?

You're getting nearly as bad as Woddles.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson