Agent won't be doing this again...

The agency will bounce the bill, blaming the tenants.

Reply to
Zebra

Most I've seen are left permanently connected anyway.

Reply to
harryagain

When I was a tenant, I showed my landlord how to do it :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

No, that would be illegal. They are temporarily connected, for a decade or two. Maybe more ;-)

Silly rule really.

Reply to
Graham.

Especially if there's a double check valve inline.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I used to be a heating engineer, so no.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

If you have never been shown .......................

Reply to
Mr Pounder

As a landlord I meant...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Never been one of them. But I've seen an awful lot of very unsavory tenants. I remember working in a block of flats, the landlord was nearly in tears because of what his ex tenants had done. I've also seen an awful lot of very unsavory landlords.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

This can be boiled down to "some people are c5nts".

Just goes to show how important vetting[1] is - from either side!

[1] Which may be limited to impression upon meeting.

I've been fairly lucky as a tenant - even the cheap polish bloke I rented a room off in the 80's was a decent enough bloke, even if rather on the tight side - and the facilities were *basic* (house of about 8 sharing a single bathroom with bog in the bathroom - you need a stable colon for that!)

Reply to
Tim Watts

I used to be a contractor for quite a few letting agencies. They could not have cared less who they rented to, thus the flats were full of scroats. I got fleas from one place, the agent said "Part of the job". I never returned.

Best was in Blackpool many years ago. If you were canny you could get a really nice winter let holiday flat for 12 quid per week. No DHSS trash got the decent ones, the landlords wanted a big lump of cash up front.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

It's not up to the agency generally speaking. They merely act on the instructions of the landlord. The tenancy agreement is between the landlord and the tenant.

Reply to
bert

When I was a tenant, I used to service the Johnson and Starley warm air gas heater for the house. We never saw the landlord - on one occasion the neighbour let slip that he would be unlikely to be able to get back into the country, but we never found out what he was supposed to have done. We communicated with him via the neighbour. We had to pay for anything that needed doing and deduct it from the rent. It was a badly built 1969 Anglia Homes house, and things often did go wrong with it. A frequent problem was the upstairs floor breaking because it had too few joists and none of the chipboard sheet joins lined up with them.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Do you also think it's unreasonable to have them change their own lightbulbs too? FFS everyone can use the internet to find out how to do something they don't know about.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

What a pathetic useless bunch of retarded tenants.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Turning a tap is nothing like building a wall.

Reply to
Uncle Peter