advice sought - what cutting bit material for cutting thin stainless steel sheet?

In article , Tim Lamb scribeth thus

Yes! Had those things since waay back in the 60's or maybe early 70,s

And they still cut fine!

Reply to
tony sayer

If it is a magnetic stainless steel.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Yup. One of the speakers on my old Rover as I discovered after having a new rear wing fitted. The type of car speaker with a concentric tweeter - so no grill over the pole pieces. Which filled up nicely. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But 304 isn't.

Reply to
newshound

A discovery from 55 years ago (apprentice tour of duty in the instrument dept.) a sharp steel pointed tool (broken dart ideal) is that you can pick out bits of steel from a circular magnet.

Presumably the magnetic field is stronger at the point.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , tony sayer writes

Saw mine today:-) Gathering dust on a workshop shelf. Only one *S* I note. Fine tool if you only wanted to cut in a straight line.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Go and chat to your local water jet cutting workshop.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Chemical etching comes to mind as well.

Reply to