Advice on removing smoke smell from electrical equipment

Electrical equipment seems to attract tobacco smoke. I assume it's something to do with a build up of static.

I'd remove as much of the case as possible and scrub with a washing up liquid solution.

I'd also spray the electronics *carefully* using an IPA spray.

It'll still smell but hopefully less so.

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

Also sometimes there is a model number/serial sticker covering a lone screw.

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

The message from snipped-for-privacy@stuff.com (Sponix) contains these words:

Greene King?

Reply to
Guy King

I wouldn't waste that on a digibox! I meant isopropyl alcohol.

sponix

Reply to
sponix

The message from sponix contains these words:

I rememebr buying a bottle of isopropyl from Boots many years ago. I used it for cleaning tape heads - I was being paid a tenner a throw to rejuvenate cassette modules from PA systems. They were very snotty about it but I got there in the end. Great stuff.

Reply to
Guy King