Advice On Glass Shelf Supports

I bought a couple of ex MFI glass shelves off Ebay and got one ok but awaiting a replacement for the other as it was in bits . They are 800mm x 200mm x 6mm . I have bought 6 brackets which are

110mm deep similar to
I'm not sure if I should use 3 per shelf or if 2 will do.

I've been Googling to see if I can find suggestions for how many brackets are needed for certain lengths but so far haven't found anyhting . Any ideas ?

-------------- Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded . Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

Reply to
Stuart B

> but I'm not sure if I should use 3 per shelf or if 2 will do.

If supported at the ends, with a uniform load of 10 lbs per foot, the shelf would only sag by 1.21mm.

The Medway Handyman

>>> but I'm not sure if I should use 3 per shelf or if 2 will do.

-------------- Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded . Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

Reply to
Stuart B

Mine is better

Any posting using the name Stuart B is a sad little old man from glasgow who is email address is snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com and nobody love's him as he lives alone with no children and no wife and thinks people give a damm about his signature.

Reply to
Stuart The Stinker