Adding sliding cheeks to standard fence of Trend router table?

Peter Ashby wrote:

Yup I know that feeling! (6'2" and a bit ish)
On top of the posh workmate with all its legs down seems to be a nice working height though.

It was fully enclosed, with possibly a small vent toward the top. That way the dust gets caught in the airflow and collected. You probably want the vacuum outlet near the base.
I can't remember which video it was, but I was watching some of the examples here:
http://www.eaglelakewoodworking.com /
and one showed a good internal shot of his router table with under collection. You can see from the example videos on thing like the circle jig that it does do a very good job collecting
--
Cheers,

John.

Hi John,
I think it's this video (at the 5 minute 50 second mark). http://video.google.com/videoplay?docidq47496248521680103&hl=en
Enclosing the lower portion of my router table is the best thing I've done to the table. The improved dust collection is amazing, and the noise is reduced significantly.
You really need dust collection above and below the table, depending on what operation you are doing.
Thanks, John Nixon www.EagleLakeWoodworking.com Buffalo, NY
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Nice idea closing in the front of the table with a translucent sheet so that you see what is going on in there. Where is your extraction port, actually on the base of the enclosure?

Yup, I had come to that conclusion... you look at the top shroud on my table, and think, yup that is getting most of it. Then you look under the table and on the floor and realise it wasn't!
--
Cheers,

John.

Thanks John. You are correct, the dust shroud is located at the base of the enclosure. I used a dust shroud that was designed for the bottom of a contractor style table saw - it tapers nicely into the pipe connector.
Here's a decent pic:
http://www.eagleLakeWoodworking.com/RouterTable/images/P6130093.jpg
Best Regards, John Nixon www.EagleLakeWoodworking.com Buffalo, NY