Adding a room thermostat

If the household congregates in there during the morning (when the C/H is wanted) it might be OK, the O/P says the woodburner then takes over later in the day ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Then the TRVs in the kitchen area should cope? They do here.

Surely the whole idea of central heating is that places like the bathroom are at a decent temp when you use them? Not just the living areas?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

for me, yes. But I live in a house with just radiators, the gas fire went years ago, I don't have an aga or log-burner competing with the C/H.

Reply to
Andy Burns

In message snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk>, at 10:40:33 on Sun, 11 Oct

2020, "Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> remarked:

If I'm in there cooking, it doesn't matter if the rest of the house cools off. In fact, it might even be an advantage.

Reply to
Roland Perry

We very rarely *cook* things for breakfast.

Not every day; but if it's on, we'll typically be in that room for the remainder of the evening. Not least because it's the room with the TV.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk>, at 11:00:49 on Sun, 11 Oct

2020, "Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> remarked:

It's a bit of a waste to keep the bathroom warm, when all you'll be doing is brushing your teeth for five minutes before going to bed.

Reply to
Roland Perry

You like a cold throne then?

Reply to
ARW

a great many, many years ago, someone asked on Any Questions: "If you could only have central heasting in one room, which room would it be?" only one of then panel thought it an odd question,

Reply to
charles

I'd say your best plan would be to switch off the central heating completely. Since you obviously don't like it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Of course it was once thought soft not to have bedrooms and bathrooms below freezing point in winter. Not here, though. Had enough of that as a kid.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

With modern plastic seats, it's not an issue.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk>, at 12:59:06 on Sun, 11 Oct 2020, charles snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk> remarked:

The new house I was brought up in, during the early 60's only had central heating in the upstairs and downstairs halls. The best choice of just one of those would obviously be the downstairs one.

Reply to
Roland Perry

:-)

I like that.

Reply to
ARW

I suppose it's worth having a cold bathroom to firm her nipples up when she cleans her teeth before entering a warm bedroom and taking her clothes off.

Reply to
ARW

Thanks for that, I just spilled my coffee.

In article snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk>, "Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> writes

+1 Ice on the inside of the windows - no thanks.
Reply to
bert

bathrooms

Ah the excitement of waking up and realising from the quality of light that it had snowed. Then sucking an old penny sticking it on the window to thaw a spyhole through the frosting to see how much snow there was.

Anyway the room wasn't below freezing, thick curtains took care of that and a couple of thick wool blankets and eiderdown meant the bed was toasty.

Modern day wuzzies, pah...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

'Jack Frost' on the windows.