Acrylic Frame Sealant vs Acrylic Caulk

What is the difference (if any) in use between acrylic frame sealant and acrylic caulk (both for external use)? I want to tidy up cracks around a wooden window frame which moves a bit with the seasons - some a few mm wide and a cm or more deep but nothing structural. From the descriptions/specs I can't tell if I need a bit of both to handle a range of widths/depths or can get away with just one.

Reply to
Robin

Caulk is decorative only, and can be painted over. Sealant usually has adhesive & sealing properties - and can't be painted over (successfully)

Reply to
rick

The acrylic sealants I've been looking at claim they can be painted over when cured which is one reason I asked about the difference. Eg

Siroflex SX Sureseal Wickes Acrylic Frame Sealant Everbuild External Frame Sealant

Reply to
Robin

I think acrylic caulk can, and de3corators caulk IS of course a seal.

I used it to stop minor leaks on a motor caravan.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher