Access Opening

I am laying 20mm thick oak flooring over a 1 1/8th thick pine floor. I require access under the floor in all rooms to carry out the usual maintenance/new work. Does anyone know of a two part prefabricated aluminium frame that could fit the hatch opening and also act as a carrier for the oak flooring. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Reply to
ronnie

Floor boxes in plastic or metal are pretty standard, eg

are used where you want to be able to plug things in in the middle of the room - very common in offices.

If you just want an inspection hatch then you can also use a Trend Routabout to make neat traps in the floors.

Thanks to Andy Hall for this detailed posting from 2002:

's website
sale at
Trend product uses a router, there is also a solid board cutter (Screwfix 77885) using a drill

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Thanks Owain for the effort and info. Just the ticket!!

Reply to
ronnie