A time to dye

In message , Rob Morley writes

I had thought of that, of course, but where do you find it? All I've found on sale so far is white, black and orange. I'll have to search the shops & sheds.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

Very pretty. Bit far away for dropping by on the way to Sainsbury's though.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

You can buy expandable braided sleeving pre-knitted!

see here:

you could buy pre-braided cable:

Rumble

VinylKoat, IIRC. However, I didn't find it brilliant on the plastic those pop on screw covers are made of (the sort you find on kitchen cabinets etc) My SD1 has hundreds of them in grey, but the sheds only seem to do white beige and black. I ended up using Acryplas primer made by Loctite followed by ordinary car spray paint. But the labelling on the primer tin says 'not for polythene or soft PVC. Perhaps an upholstery paint would be the one to go for?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Peter Twydell said the following on 07/02/2006 08:48:

You can buy gold coloured cable for table lamps from a lighting shop. You're unlikely to find it bigger than 0.75 sq mm though.

You can also buy flat (figure 8) speaker cable with a clear jacket which doesn't look too bad.

Reply to
Rumble

LOL

Reply to
Ophelia

Ah - that was the stuff.

Hmm. I did my tests on a bit of car seat and it stuck like s**te to a shovel

- you really couldn't scratch it off. Polythene would most likely be a problem if that's what your screw covers were made of - shiny and nothing touches it chemically, probably a few other plastics in the same boat.

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

The pegs of the plastic ones, have a nasty habit of bending. The extra-large plastic knitting rings seem to be much sturdier, though. I've been teaching knitting at the local primary, so I've been looking at what's currently available.

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

'm sure there are other suppliers, that's just the first one I found with Google.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Yebbut this is a d-i-y group ;-)

Any URL starting

I tend to associate with expense :-(

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Quite. How is one supposed to make cotton reel tanks these days?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Craft shops now sell imitation cotton reels.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Tsk, tsk. This is uk diy. How difficult is it to drill a hole in a bit of dowling?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

After turning the dowel on your lathe, of course.

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

And growing your own wood ...

.. or should this be cross-posted to uk.gardening? ;-)

Reply to
John Cartmell

You "grew" wood? Bleeding luxury.

We had to make our own algae then wait a hundred million years for it to evolve.

Reply to
Tim S