A Tax Reform Can Solve the Economic Crisis

Does your have your address on?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Are you actually capable of typing a coherent sentence?

Reply to
John Rumm

Does it have your Bull Terriers name on it?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Why all this exitement about the election?

Nothing will change.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

If the Tories get in, poverty and deprivation will ensue. It always does with them.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Only for the poor.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

And those who end up poor because of them. If they get in prepare for riots - we had them every few years when they were in.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Rubbish. Since most people buy another house when they sell the old one then they have actually lost by having to pay more for the next house. The only "winners" are those who sell up and don't buy. However, since they have spent most of their lives paying more for housing, they are still overall losers.

I was quite surprized to see how many of those "stealth" taxes listed by John I think were a good idea, especially the early ones.

Reply to
Mark

Any gained "value" is practically useless. For example my house has gained a large amount of this illusory value since I bought it. Therefore I would have to pay a lot more in fees to sell it. I would like to buy a larger house but they have gone up even more in "value". Therefore I would have to increase my mortgage by far more than if house prices had not risen so rapidly and pay more stamp duty. So much so that I cannot afford to move. Explain how this situation is better.

See above.

But far more interest has been paid servicing loans which would have been better spent elsewhere. What use is this value when you are dead?

Reply to
Mark

The value is real it is not an "illusion". Sell the house and see how much money you have in the bank.

Then when the mortgage is paid for, you get one of those schemes to unlock the value of your land. Banks and others will give you money that is only paid back on death or sale of property. So....you could get say £250,000 to build a conservatory and go on cruises in retirement. Money you never earned at all - all you did was buy a house and live in it - it gains in value while you are asleep. My car does not increase in value at all. The house is bricks and the car metal. It is the LAND that gains value not the house.

What put that value there? The community, in building infrastructure like: schools, universities, roads, railways, libraries, parks, etc

The fees are minicule.

Stamp duty is miniscule to the over increase land value - which you did NOTHING to earn. You never started up an enterprise and create economic growth. You did NOTHING.

The market comes in, and values raise and you cannot afford it, so you stay until you have more money. The sort of thing you were taught at 15.

WRONG!!! Buy a house at age 25 . 25 years to pay the mortgage, so yours at

  1. Die at 85. Look at the value of the land/house from age 25 to 85. And the owner did NOTHING to earn that. Rent a house and see what you will have in the bank when you move after 60 years.

What use is anything when you are dead?

The land then is passed to your relatives, who then cream it off. If your house is worth £300,000 and you die, say your two kids get it. Even after inheritance tax they walk off with a load of money they did not earn, neither did their Dad. We are heading for a nation with a strata of people who will not need to work. They are taking money which was created by the community and is not theirs.

Land Valuation Tax would stop this and pay for the infrastructure that put the value into the ground that crystallised as LAND VALUES.

One of the few mass transit systems to operate without a penny of subsidy is Hong Kong's, using only LVT to raiuse the funds. Once the best example of Geonomics, Hong Kong, leases plots to building owners collecting an immense amount of rent, enough to keep taxes on merchandise and incomes quite low. Before reverting to mainland communist control, Fortune Magazine routinely named Hong Kong "the world's best city for business". Although a highly populous city, Hong Kong raises most of its own food in its suburbs.

Some US cities are now using a dual rate tax, with property taxes being based solely on the land values. Harrisburgh in Virginia is using LVT to finance transport infrastructure. Land Value Tax can easily fund infrastructure, which actually raises values of land, which is not taxed.

Using LVT in lieu of taxing people's productivity, which is income taxes, the urban economy automatically generates higher quality design, affordable housing, stable and safe neighbourhoods, higher urban density, mass-transit transport systems, lower costs for builders and planning made easier. To realise these benefits many authorities are turning to LVT. The most recent were Mexicali and Estonia.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Also, you can claim back all the tax you have paid in your lifetime by realising the value of the land you own. So, you live free in our community with those who rent paying the taxes for the service you enjoy.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

All that cash in the bank and nowhere to live. Hmmm. I don't think so.

Maybe if you never move. Most people do (IIRC every 7 years on average). Otherwise you will be paying more via increased interest payments.

Exactly my point.

Nowadays most of this will be spent on residential care and never even get to their decendents.

Reply to
Mark

All the cash in the bank, which either goes bust, or gets nationalised by Brown..or inflated down to the price of a hamburger.,..either way, bye bye cash.

What a wufter.

The money was created by a bank..

I wish we were working to a society with a start of people who didn't

*need* to work.

MOST of the advances in civilisation have come from people just like that.

or even descendants.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Cameron is Thatcher in new clothes - a shiny forehead and dyed hair.

DO NOT VOTE TORY!!!!

Keep them out. Vote wisely. Vote LibDem or Labour to keep them out!

The riots in Greece will happen here if they get in. Under the last Tories we had them every few years.

Vote sensibly.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The point is that you got a lot of increased value for doing nothing. THE VALUE IS REAL, which you said it was not. Leave a rented place and go to another rented place and see how much you have in the bank. Get it?

Nonsense . This has been explained top you. You make on the first house in a windfall gain in land value and you transfer this value to the new house and it that increase in value. The value can be unlocked as I explained to you.

I never got your point.

It should be. The Tories do not want it as a cheap way of gaining votes. And this value that the kids did NOTHING to create as the community did it, will be creamed off by them. Spongers on the state.

Cameron said derogatory comments about people who rented and got free care homes. The people who owned their own homes and have to move into care homes and leave a house behind, never made that value in the house - the community did. The community should reclaim that value for their care and not give it to sponging kids. Why should the taxpayer get hit twice!!! They paid to increase the land values of that house and then they pay for the care when they abandon the house.

Cameron is a total idiot! But he wants cheap votes.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

A spelling correction by TNP. BWHAHAHAHAHA!

Reply to
Mark

So your going against your own advice and supporting renting now? Make your mind up.

I understand your opinion. I don't agree with it.

That's obvious.

Anyway this thread has become very tiresome so you can have the last word.

Reply to
Mark

You are very confused and get a simple point.

It is NOT an opinion. It is FACT!!!! That is what happens. You think you don't make money on the increased value in your land. YOU DO!!!

It would not be if you understand something so simple.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel