A little snow had began to fall....

Yep - indeedy. That had M25 & M4 as the only ones when I looked this morning. Shortly after neighbour returned home a few minutes after leaving because of problems. (It had the usual road works, etc. just no weather problems.)

Reply to
Rod

In message , Frank Erskine writes

Seconded. Bunch of pooftahs, little bit of snow and they all start crying.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Piss off. That way the French will never suffer.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Take the fuse out.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Ah! but their Alpine skiing resorts would. :-)

Reply to
Rod

Yah, Bruce Willis ...

:-)

Reply to
Adrian C

Not at Stamford Bridge they didn't.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Balham - gateway to the south...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

McDonalds?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Pronounced BAL-ham - of course! I have that somewhere on 7 inch vinyl...

Reply to
Bob Eager
[...]

TeeVee always likes to give the impression that good Samaritans are supplying nourishment in time of need.

30 years ago a relative and family were isolated by snow for a week in Wales. No roads, power or heating. Only chink of assistance was a firm offering a food parcel drop but they wanted =A3190. Unaffordable, so they starved for a couple of days.
Reply to
john

And I thought I was being excessively cynical and sceptical. :-(

Reply to
Rod

Must have been fun at the M40 junction.

Here in Berks 20 miles south of you we were promised lots, so I worked from home all day (never seen so many emails flying about).

Guess what: We had 10cm this morning when we got up, it's melted a little, and no more has fallen. Could have got in easily (once the 9 o'clock crawl was past)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I did drive into town around 15:30. One patch of downhill was surprisingly bad - very slippery. Decided to drive back on a different road.

Reply to
Rod

I was following six cars along a road, they got to about 50m from an island and suddenly they went every where. Two hit the gutter on the right hand side three went into the left hand gutter and one hit the island. None actually hit any other AFAICS. Good job I had left four times the normal distance between me and them.

Reply to
dennis

Aha. Latest info is that its moving North. Quite right too. Thats where bad weather belongs

I was beginning to worry we might run out of Perrier Water & Monge Tout. Rumours abound that Chardoney & Aloe Vera wipes are already in short supply.

Tsk.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I live in Essex and braved the elements this evening. Didn't even go to the nearest pub, went to the next nearest one. Perhaps it is because my Mum and most of my relatives are Scots I managed to cope with the 175 yards. I lived in east London in 1963. That was a proper winter. The only vehicle to move in our street for 2 days was a milk float with chains.

Reply to
Invisible Man

Well I've got a cache of Aloe Vera wipes in stock here far oop norf. I stocked up with them with the 100W lightblubs and the pease pudding.

Mange tout and Chardonay don't go well together - they seem to affect my Barrett Oesphagus.

We're all organised here, you know.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Don't you mean Tony Hancock (Balham, gateway to the South)?

Reply to
Maris

No, Sellers...

Bob Eager