A lamp blew and then...

Got a funny. Dimmers are V-Pro. The sort where you can change from leading to trailing edge and set a minimum and maximum level. Out of the box, the one driving the single central pendant, which is an Osram 10w 100mm LED globe type, at switch on at full is fine. But after a few minutes chops down to a lower level, then chops back up. And continues to do this. Like over current protection was cutting in.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Does it do the same if run, at say, half-brightness?

Reply to
Andy Burns

If not already done, check it's not a faulty lamp by running it on a non-dimmed circuit.

Reply to
Robin

Lamp or dimmer?

Have you tried the lamp without the dimmer circuit to see which component is causing the problem? If fitting the bulb somewhere else just make sure that it is in the same orientation.

Reply to
alan_m

The instructions give another mode of operation (mode 3) trailing edge - have you tried this?

Reply to
alan_m

I don't know what is in those dimmers, but I have a (fixed output) supply to LED downlighters in the bathroom. The set is well inside its power output range, but flashes on and off, unless there is one halogen bulb fitted.

I have tried a number of different units, but they all behave the same.

Oddly, the first one that I fitted was fine - for about 18 months, then started doing this!

Reply to
Steve Walker

No. If you turn the dimmer down to the point where the lamp dims (the first few degrees make no difference) it stays at constant level.

The instructions with it says you can set both a maximum and minimum level (it's not the first V-Pro I've bought) No problem setting a minimum level, but the max seems to stay the same.

Odd, really. I could understand problems near minimum. Or perhaps on a fully loaded circuit. But the dimmer spec is 0-100 watts of LEDs, and this is just one at 10w. Same happens with a spare bulb.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I'll have to look again, but think this is the default setting.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Got the same issue. need to replace dimmers

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There are two trailing edge modes (and one leading edge mode)

alan_m

That would be my first thought, Try the other modes.

Reply to
ARW