a ladder

Jim Stewart ...

that didn't sound very funny....you ruined it

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

Ah, first make sure the sales person knows how to use it properly. That issue is more common than you might think. In the old days a certain maker of Vacuum cleaners did a trick of proving how much suction it had by sticking it to the ceiling of a room. I said to him, don't do it here, you will regret it, but he did and it fell off bringing down about 6 polystyrene tiles with it. I do wish we had had today's cameras on phones. Of course he had to write a cheque for the repair and repainting of the ceiling.

Then there was the loft ladder which concertinaed up and hooked onto a hook in the hatch edge. Fine, except you needed quite a strong arm to do it on the end of a pole. I remember various takes of a lady trying to do this for some commercial. Sometimes it would fall down as it was not on the hook correctly, at one point it hit her on the head as the hatch was opened. Now I have one of these here. Nothing wrong with its concept, but you really do need to be careful when you are taking it down or putting it back up and need quite some strength even when its lubricated, oh, and make sure both latches are engaged, or it will tip you off the side in kind of slow motion!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

He should have put the word Spoiler at the start, I cannot see it hence why it was described. I do find though, that Audio described comedies don't really work for me. There is some disconnect in the brain between seeing a bit of slapstick and explaining it. Mr Bean suffers from that problem for me. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff