9v battery protective cap

Trying to find similar in the UK: anyone any idea if anyone sells them - other than ebay plus postage of course

Jim

why not just buy a battery connector ansd cut the leads off?

Reply to
charles

Another UK supplier

Amazon reviews say they don't fit very well and fall off.

Some battery manufactures only fit a small plastic cap over one terminal to prevent accidental shorting.

Example

._SL1160_.jpg

Reply to
alan_m

why not just take the connector plate off an old battery and cover the plate back with epoxy?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes- Duracell Pro used to come with them. Threw them away by the hundred. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Masking tape works for me

Reply to
Robin

Is that for PP3 batteries? It doesn't say; there is more than one kind of 9V battery with clip on connectors.

Reply to
Max Demian

The dimensions on their datasheet match PP3

Mike Clarke

Looks like the perfect job for a 3D printer. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I bet it would cost more than the battery

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I bet it would cost less than the 12p each. ;-)

But I guess it depends on how you factor such things. eg. Do you amortise the price of the kitchen and all the appliances you use when you cook a meal?

I wouldn't have bought (built) the printer to print a PP3 cap but could (easily since Mark provided the dimensions ) and do so cheaply now I have. Filament is roughly £15 quid / kg and the electricity wouldn't run to much for something that small.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Just solder a wire across the terminals and cut it when you want to use the battery. Easy.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Hard work, that. Just clip two batteries together.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Why does that sound plausible as well as ridiculous?

Oh I know, that's what they did to moving-coil multi meters to protect them during shipping.

I once had an argument with the proprietor of an electronics shop when I tried to return a faulty meter, they said I had invalidated the warranty by opening it and snipping the wire.

Reply to
Graham.

Or 244 of them...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Why didn't he test them the traditional way by placing both terminals across his tongue?

Reply to
alan_m

The ones made from solid brass are very good.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

When I wanted to buy a 1289 cycle-lamp battery I would just ask for a "flat battery"

Reply to
Graham.

I just wrap a couple of turns of PVC tape around the battery.

Reply to
Rob Morley

I would, which is why I haven't brought a high end coffee machine for me in stant is good enough I'm glad I don't apprieciate fine coffees or wines. If I had a PP3 battery at home that needed protecting I;d stick a bit of i nsulation tape over the terminals, or find the tops at work from the boxes of 10 PP3s we buy, and with a bit (a lot) of luck I'll find the safe place where I put those rubber cap tops which I knew would be useful in the futu re.

Do you factor in your time too, that is one thing our students don't think of.

How long do you think it would take you to design such a thing ? For sucha small thing I'm not sure you're average 3D printer would print a ccuratly enough for a snug fit, would be fun trying it.

Reply to
whisky-dave