60 amp multistrand flexible 3 core mains cable?

Another question re my TIG welder. i have, thanks to kind folk on here, sorted out a proper 60 amp single phase supply in my workshop. i have also bought, from Farnells, some proper industrial 60 amp 3 pin 240 volt single pahse plugs and sockets. One is a wall socket, plus 2 plugs, and one trailing socket, the idea being to make up an extension lead if I need the welder more than the supplied 15 foot lead length away from the wall socket. The welder has a black rubber sheather 3 core cable on it, with an ouytside diameter of about 16mm. the conductors, over the insulations are about 6mm each. hefty stuff.... Where can I buy about another 20 foot of this stuff please? Thanks. The cable sections of the likes of Farnells and RS Components are bewilderingly complex and huge for the likes of myself!

Reply to
Chris

Look at H07RNF spec. cable for this. It has neoprene insulation and is water, oil and abrasion resistant. I believe that 10mm^2 should be suitable for 60A.

I bought some in a smaller size for woodworking machinery needing a

30A supply some while ago from TLC. They had to order it, but would sell less than 100m.
Reply to
Andy Hall

You might find it difficult to buy less than a full drum, but if it's possible at all, then I suspect your best chance would be an electrical wholesaler. Some of them sell some of the more expensive cable types by the metre, but 6mm flex is probably too infrequently used to keep a drum in stock for cutting up. 4mm flex (for 32A connectors) is more commonly used (I think I have some 4mm PVC flex somewhere).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Try a theatre supplies company as this stuff is used for dimmer supplies all the time, these folks will normally sell you small quantities. http;//

or http:;//
spring to mind.

HTH.

Regards, Dan.

Reply to
Dan Mills

Try KES in Southampton 02380 704703 i think.

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

Chris said the following on 20/12/2005 20:39:

H07RN-F 3G10 or 3G16 from

Rumble

Thanks Dan, odered from them, should be here today. Very helpful they were, too. Thanks to all the other kind folk who have offered links, advice and info, have a great Christmas holiday and a happy and healthy New Year, cheers guys.

Reply to
Chris