6" thick bricks

For the shed in my back yard I'm inclined toward a 6" thick wall. I'd rather not use blocks because I want it to be more attractive than that.

Does anyone know where I can get 6" thick bricks?

Arthur

Reply to
Davao

You'd have to get them specially made, or go on edge. Why does it have to be 6"? Why not 8"? You can render blockwork, which then looks very slightly better.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The shed floor area will be no more than 2m x 1.8m. It is too small to make it a 2 brick wall so I lean toward 6" (horizontal width) to make the walls more stable because the shed door will be adjacent to the corner.

Arthur

Reply to
Davao

use 4" or 9"

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Use 4" and build in brick-and-a-half piers?

Andy

Reply to
Andy

hear hear, sounds ideal.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

A single 4 1/2" wall with a pier to the door jambs will be adequate - but even the piers may not be required unless you have kids who will throw the doors open to get their bikes out.

Bigger things than a shed have been built in 4 1/2 " walls.

dg

Reply to
dg

lots of 2 storey houses are 4" wall, without piers as well. Not good practice, but still standing.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Thanks, all.