5A fuse wire in Cardiff at 9.15 on a Monday night?

Any idea where I could find some? The lights in my fathers house have blown. None in the big Tesco, which has instead every kind of useless item imaginable.

Any person within a mile or so of CF11 9QB who might have some spare sitting on a shelf at home?

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

Try Asda, they seem to have a fair selection of everyday electrical stuff such as bulbs, plugs etc - its usually kept around where they stock their TV's etc.

There's one on Cardiff Gate and another one down in Grangetown near to Ikea (forgot the name of the trading estate).

BTW, I'm not sure if they are open 24 hours or shut at 8.00pm

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G

D.M. Procida formulated the question :

Strip the outer cover of some ordinary flexible cable, strip the inner insulation from one wire, then remove one single strand of the core and use that as a temporary fuse wire. Note:- I meant _one strand_, which will be of a similar size to the original fuse wire.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In article , D.M. Procida writes

5A fuse wire is 35swg (0.2mm) tinned copper, as a short term replacement cut a single strand from some spare flex. 3A flex is commonly 16/0.2, 6A 24/0.2 and 13A 40/0.2, count the strands to check before using and do check the circuit. Replace with proper stuff asap.
Reply to
fred

"D.M. Procida" wrote in message news:1hbfs7q.mdqlwk11wgrtoN% snipped-for-privacy@apple-juice.co.uk...

Far too late now but I'd expect a corner shop to be better at that kind of stuff than the Supers, try along Albany Road

Reply to
OG

ah :/ Do replace the copper strand with proper fuse wire soon, as its characteristics are not as satisfactory.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Er, fuse wire is/was manufactured from the same copper strands with the identical conductivity as flex. If tinned flex is used which precisely matches the cross sectional area it will have exactly the properties of the equivalent fuse wire.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield