24-30V power supply

Hi,
I am playing around with using high-power LEDs for mood lighting -
probably Cree XP-G or similar. I want to be able to run them at full
brightness (1000ma), be able to dim them (PWM from an MCU), and use
mains as the source. I have found some drivers which have the first
two features I want, such as
,but these use 24-30V. Normal LED/SELV lighting transformers only
supply 12V so are not really suitable unless I have lots of small LED
strings. What might be an inexpensive source of 24-30V power supply,
rated at 30W or so?
thanks,
dan.
Reply to
dent
,> but these use 24-30V. Normal LED/SELV lighting transformers only
Old HP deskjet printer power supplies?
Reply to
Adrian C
Transformer (AC) or "power supply" which could mean regulated DC?
I would start here

Reply to
Man at B&Q
,> but these use 24-30V. Normal LED/SELV lighting transformers only
Have a look at some defunct laptop chargers. Usually in this sort of voltage range and sometimes up to 60-70 watts.
Bob
Reply to
Bob Minchin
Here is a candidate from one of our suppliers of wireless equipment in Spain. These PSU are of decent quality, not the usual garbage.
I'm sure you can find similar in UK, e.g. from Solwise, or maybe shipping costs are acceptable.
Reply to
Yuki
Used 12v PSUs are far more available. 2x class II 12v PSUs would do it, but NOT class I.
NT
Reply to
Tabby

Site Timeline Threads