1900 long Radiator - Anyone Know Who Makes One??

Hi,

Getting desperate!

Just as it says above =96 anyone know who or where I can get one?

Ideally 600 high double convector

1800 or 2000 appear to be common sizes =96 but I don=92t want to modify the piping if possible.

Thanks,

Kev

Reply to
awtltd

Getting desperate!

Just as it says above ? anyone know who or where I can get one?

Ideally 600 high double convector

1800 or 2000 appear to be common sizes ? but I don?t want to modify the piping if possible.

In my experience (assuming identical ones aren't available) you always ends up modifying the piping. Modifying by 25mm is often more difficult than modifying by 100mm!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Dontcha just detest messages from Google Groups that don't quote properly .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

There lies the problem - pipes go into a solid (concrete?) floor and boss (wife) does not want to see bent 'S' shaped pipe to extend from the existing.

Kev

Reply to
awtltd

Ah, is that what it is - I wondered if it were me! Yes I do detest it.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

What did you do different in that last reply? It quoted properly?

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

It weren't me at fault it were the OP (I think) I replied to the OP's post (which was from google) and it didn't quote properly. No problem replying to your post, which was and did quote properly.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Aaah...Now I understand ...

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

There lies the problem - pipes go into a solid (concrete?) floor and boss (wife) does not want to see bent 'S' shaped pipe to extend from the existing.

Kev

Anygood?

Reply to
Baz

I Wish!

Reply to
awtltd

Can't you get the shorter one and pad the ends out with a couple if tailpieces each end?..

Reply to
tony sayer

Hi Tony, I thought of this but the only tails I know of (from screwfix) are not long enough:

Pipe centres = 1987mm Pipe centre to bottom of socket = 15mm Rad = 1800mm

Hence: 1987 - (2x15) - 1800 = 157

Therefore each tail needs to have a 78.5mm extension

The total length of the srewfix one is about 50mm - it would need to be about 25mm longer to be long enough.

Anyone know of any tails this long?

Kev

Reply to
awtltd

Connect two together in "series" ?..

Our local plumbing shop seems to have them in quite a few different sizes not a lot of use to you but!..

Reply to
tony sayer

think it would work to use one of these minus nut and olive in the radiator, followed by chrome pipe to the required length, then a compression rad valve such as
the first section obviously)

auctions

That looks like it might do the job, I think all I would need is the extension bit from the product you showed plus the tail I was looking at

I could just adjust the length to suit.

I'll check it out and post how I get on

Cheers,

Kev

Reply to
awtltd

how did you get on? as im having exact same issue in our hallway

Reply to
stitty01

You do realise hat you're replying to a 10 year old post?

When I installed my heating in 2002, I bought Ultraheat radiators. They have a catalogue with lots of standard sizes, but they don't really have standard sizes, and they are all made to order, so they can make any size you want.

Ignore the prices in their catalogue - I didn't pay even half those amounts, including VAT.

You will probably need to find an independent plumbers merchant who deal with them. The larger chains won't have the concept of ordering anything which isn't in the catalogue with a part number.

My main reason for using Ultraheat was that I wanted several triple panel radiators, something which they do, and I also used their bottom fed compact 6 range. I first became aware of them when I went into the plumbers merchant and there was a long radiator awaiting collection which had been made by Ultraheat for someone's bay window with two bends in it.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Well only 10 years ago, hope the gear is still made.... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff