110 mm Soil pipes

Looking to buy a 90 degree bend pipe, but am not sure of the difference between single socket and double socket. Anyone?

Reply to
Graeme

Presumably for connecting you could have male/female; male/male; female/female, depending on what you are joining on to.

spamlet

A double socket has a pipe socket on each end.

A single socket has a pipe socket on one side and a pipe on the other.

Reply to
dennis

In message , spamlet writes

Thank you both. Obvious, once you know :-)

Slightly strangely, unless I am missing the obvious, Screwfix use the same illustration for both, on their site, which is where the confusion arose. I'm looking at their part numbers 17584 and 18833, both of which look to be female (socket) at both ends.

Reply to
Graeme

I think SF are morphing into their sister brand "B&Q" - complete with hardly anyone who knows what they are talking about / looking at; expensive pricing; & lack of availability

Find a Toolstation near you or order more than =A310 and they do free delivery :>)

(NB I have no connection with any - other than a satisfied customer of toolsatan)

Cheers JimK

Reply to
JimK

Indeed. Luckily, I found a suitable part via eBay.

There is a story, needless to say. A soil pipe exits the house just above ground level, with the horizontal joint just about accessible, although almost flush with the house wall, and the vertical joint buried in concrete. Due to a blockage, a hole was knocked in the pipe, to allow the use of rods. The ideal repair would be to dig holes in both the wall and patio, to completely remove the damaged bend, and replace. Quick fix idea is to buy new bend, complete with rodding eye, and use a hacksaw to cut away the back, click on top of damaged bend and glue in place. It will only be temporary, of course ...

Reply to
Graeme

ah advanced DIY :>))) Hope the god of pipe radii is smiling - if not lashings of silicon and large jubilee clips?? (NB ebay should have some "cut your own size of jubille clip fom this length of "geared" banding" type kits - dashed useful at times...

cheer JimK

Reply to
JimK

Absolutely!

Yes :-) Two large Jubilee clips are holding the access cover on a boiler chimney at present. That was temporary a couple of years ago, too.

Wow. Just had a quick search, and see what you mean. Three meters of band plus eight clamps for less than a fiver looks like a real shed necessity.

Reply to
Graeme

Ah yes! the bodgers box nears completion, well useful stuff in a tight "temporary" spot :>))

Cheers JimK

Reply to
JimK

Graeme wrote: > JimK writes

Got a link? This sounds like useful emergency-repair kit on the boat, but my ebay-search-fu is weak.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

The one I saw was eBay item 360261244752, but I bought the last one. Searching on similar wording should find something. eBay is a little like Google - find anything is all about finding the right key words first!

Reply to
Graeme