Latest threads in Hand and Power Toolsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ryobi tools?
Anyone have any experience with Ryobi tools? I've thinking about picking up their "The Works" package deal at the Home Depot. Every review that I've seen has been good but I figured I check here...

Tractor top link thread...?
Howdy, I munged the threads on one end of my Kubota B2710 top link. It is not badly damaged, but I cannot thread it. I could chase it and put it back into use. The problem is that I don't know if it...
3
3

Shot circuit Trouble shooting
I am trying to track down a problem in a car. A fuse keeps blowing. It is my understanding one way to do this is to remove the fuse and place a test buzzer/light in the connections in the fuse spot....
1
1

Craftsman wrenches with sharp flash
Yesterday I was in the local OSH (Orchard Supply, a Sears Company) looking at end wrench sets. The open ends on the Craftsman wrenches had very sharp flash inside at the bottom of the U, enough to cut...

WTB: Bosch Belt Sander Armature PBS 75
Hi, I am looking to buy a good used armature for one of my belt sanders, a Bosch Belt Sander model PBS 75. Mine is nicely toasted. kindly remove DIESPAMDIE from the email address.

Wagner 12V cordless drill
Howdy, I have a Wagner 12V cordless that works fine except that the charger isn't working anymore. I contacted the company (what a run-around - don't get me started! Suffice it to say I won't be...

milwaukee cordless screwdriver
Does anyone know how to remove the top of the 2.4 volt battery packs for the milwaukee cordless screwdriver? I would like to rebuild my battery packs. Thanks for any comments TW

Maintenance - Stihl 25
Hi -- I'm in the process of cleaning out the clutch assembly of my Stihl 25 (lots of plastic/other residue caked in the assy). I was able to remove the clutch shoes (3) without removing the Carrier,...

bosch drill voltage question
I happen to have a nice Bosch 1/2" hammer drill that was designed to be used in Europe at a voltage of 217v. Is there any way to alter this to work on 120v. Thanks for any response TW

What is this thing called?
Or, more to the point, where do I buy one? small round part has a hole that slides over a motor shaft, and the big end is just plain flat, where you glue a sanding disk. So far, I haven't been able to...
4
4

Not sure what it is called...
Instead of drilling a hole and tapping threads into it, there is a tool that crimps a brass insert into the hole that is already threaded (I think it is called a "rev-nut"). What is this tool called...
4
4

Simonds 3-in-1 file
A guy I work with has a 3-in-1 folding file with a red handle and it says "Simonds" on it and I have looked all over for one and I cant seem to find it and he says he cant remember where he bought it....
1
1

Ryobi Plunge router
I have a 1.75 horse plunge router that needs some attention. The spring on the lever that releases the base has broken. I have it apart and ready to be replaced. Does anyone know where I can find...

bottle jack
I have a bottle jack ( I think 6 tons ). When I go to jack up something, it will slowing start to lower, causing the jacked item to lower also. The jack has only been used several times. Do I have to...
1
1

OT: I need an elec Oven Expert
Thanks in Advance for any help! I was baking ribs in the electric oven (Kenmore, Sears here in USA)and it went berserk. I could not get the element to shut down. I turned it off at the oven control...
3
3