Taco "power head"

We heat geothermally (energy extracted from well water.)
Much of the flow in the system is controlled with Taco Power Heads (or at least that's what these gadgets are called by the folks who install them...)
These are small electrically actuated plungers that open and close the valves on which they are seated.
I know that they have beeswax inside them, but have no idea how they function.
Can anyone out there give me a clue...?
Sincere thanks,

If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS."
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.