LAWM MOWER RUNNING ROUGH

My briggs and Strattan mover was working fine up until I ran it dry using every drop of gas. The next time I used the mover it runs rough with RPM's going up and down but never stalling.

Is there a block in the carberator from the garbage at the bottom of the tank ? Do I have to take it apart and clean ?

Any help would be appreciated !!

Reply to
CanadianCowboy

Your right in that it is not getting proper fuel supply. One thing you can try is putting automotive fuel additive in it if there is no grass etc in the fuel tank . Seafoam is a good one, another thing that can be tried is Gas dryer but get the ISO type. I personally do not think it's a good Ideal to run engines dry for winter storage. In my experience it is likely to cause more harm than good when an engine is stored for only a few months. I prefer storing them completely full; the reason you want it full is to prevent condensation this is standard procedure with airplanes. And if they don't want to start the following spring just add a little dry gas to the first tank full of gas.

Reply to
Jeffery Davis

Thus spake Jeffery Davis:

What the heck is "dry gas"? Presume it's w/o h2o, but where is it obtained? Do you mean white gas (coleman stove stuff)? Do you mean just some gasoline fresh from the filling station?

Googling, I get lots of natural gas (LPG) definitions, but nothing you can pour in a lawn mower...

Reply to
DaveC