Re: pipe hammer by water meter problem

Worm in there or find some young skinny Homey to take a look. Make sure its under 70 psi, go for 50 psi. It also can be the PRV.....

I suggest you move all the Engineering so its easy to get at next time. Sounds like now is the time.

Plumbers charge more when they are pissed at a job. We call it the BS Factor.

I've got this frequent and irritating pipe hammer that appears to be > originating around the water meter. I live in a four plex with individual > meters and have been told that it may be the meter.....or.....it may be the > pressure reducing valve that is before the meter. The hammer can happen, out > of the blue, when no water is being used in my unit. How can this be? and > if i do nothing to try and remedy the situation, what are the possible > problems that could happen with a malfunctioning pressure reducing > valve?......I know the feeling will be, why not just replace the > valve.....well, you can't even see the valve, let alone read the water meter > cuz of it's location under stairs and behind the water heater!! So, i would > hate to be the plumber that was called to repair it. it will most likely > require the removal of the water heater first , to get at the > valve.......thanks for your thoughts....bob > >
Reply to
Buttplug