aeration question

I would like to aerate my water. I have two sources of water 1) a pool alongside the river that refills itself thru infiltration 2) a well that has hydrogen sulfate (rottenn egg smell). I use the pool as my main water source and the well as my backup. I pump out of the pool into a

5,000 gal storage tank at 30 gpm, and out of the well at 3-5 gpm. I want to use the water under pressure from the pumps to spray the water into the tank, and hopefully get a little better quality water. Can anyone give me any ideas as to what size, design or type of nozzle I should use.

TNX

Richard

Reply to
Richard

"Richard" wrote

You'll do better treating the water after you take it out of the tank. I'd strongly suggest that you use ozone or chlorine in the tank first though. Chlorine could be added as the water is pumped into the tank. That will kill bacteria etc. and oxidize the H2S and any iron and manganese. Then remove the chlorine and color from iron etc. (if that's what you used) and treat the water for acidity, hardness etc.. as needed.

I can get spray nozzles, for aeration equipment that I sell, that can be mounted in 1/2" female NPT fittings but, the water has to be clear or they will block up. Adding air to the well water may not be a good idea. Any iron and the water will be discolored. I'm not sure what it would do to river water, but that probably isn't clear to begin with.

Gary Quality Water Associates

Reply to
Gary Slusser