sterilizing clay..?

someone please remind me how to sterilize clay pots? i have a honkin' huge antelope type den that has CyMV; a bunch of its leaves (even recent ones) are turning yellow all of a sudden and it may not be long for this world. if it croaks, it and its pot are getting tossed, of course, but it's been sitting in a larger clay pot for balance, and i'd rather not toss that one too. i won't ever use it for orchids, but i'd like to be able to put the dutchmen's pipes or a lantana in it--i seem to recall something about soaking in a bleach solution or baking in the oven...? thx..

--j_a

Reply to
jankey

Bleach, I say, if you insist on keeping it. Remember that water splashes, etc. I wouldn't want it around. Of course, every large collection most likely has a virus afflicted plant, so we all run the risk.

OTOH, I also recall reading about baking. I think KB knows about that. She'll pop in on this, I hope.

Diana

Reply to
Diana Kulaga