Question on Brassavola grandiflora

I received a division of a jungle-collected plant from way-back-when. It has bloomed with the "cluster starburst" typical of the species/variety.

However, unlike any I have ever seen, the petals are straight out to the sides, rather than thrust slightly forward, and are pure white, rather than greenish.

Is anyone familiar enough with the species to give me a guess as to its rarity?

Reply to
Ray B

Ray,

I believe Al had a bunch of these in his GH. I understood it to be just a larger version of nodosa and probably not a separate species but then sometimes I understand a lot of things that I'm wrong about.

Gene

Reply to
Gene Schurg

I understand that, Gene, which I why I was curious about the all-white blossoms. Just about every nodosa I've ever seen has had a definite yellowish or greenish cast to the petals and sepals, especially on the outside.

Reply to
Ray B