crosses with B. Jiminy Cricket as parent

Does anyone know of any crosses that have used Jiminy Cricket as a parent? It's been blooming very nicely for me for a couple of years, even though I don't have a greenhouse and just have it under lights-- and outside over the summer. I'd think they might be interesting if they picked up the fringed lip. I know there have been lots of crosses made with B nodosa as parent.

Or is there some place I can look it up online?

Thanks,

Janet

Reply to
janet

I don't think the RHS website gives you this info easily. But that's where you'd start on line. According to Orchid Wiz Jimminey Cricket has been used

11 times as a parent. Since its lip is already the result of the cross between nodosa and B digbyana you'd probably have to cross it back onto digbyana in order to get the fringed lip you are looking for. Or go completely weird and cross it onto something like Epi ciliata (or ilense!?), hoping the fringed lip will pass along.

Just my 2 cents. I have no idea if the lip is dominant.

K Barrett BTW teh other parents are: B glauca C forbesii Sl Jinn (which I think is a cucullata cross, IIRC) Bc Binosa (bicolor x nodosa) B nodosa C Tripp Johnston Blc Hawaiian Storm L purpurata Blc Chinese Bronze Blc Memoria Helen Brown

Reply to
K Barrett

Thanks! That's not a very long list. I'd think that if the cross of digbyana and nodosa yielded a fringed lip, that then either the fringed lip is dominant or it sort of blends.

Janet

Reply to
janet