Another out of season spike

Dendrobium atroviolaceum (pygmy), Winter/Spring bloomer. Here is a pic from a few months back. It is one of my favorites with a chocolate scent and 2 1/2" flowers. One new spike and one new growth not pictured.

Bob

kind of quiet in here lately

Reply to
Robert Lorenzini

I have a a large -Dend. kingianum- that for years bloomed profusely, like clockwork, in late winter/early spring. Now it has taken to producing random spikes whenever it feels like it--midsummer, autumn, any old time--this in addition to its LW/ES performance.

Anybody have any ideas why this happens?

J. Del Col

Reply to
jadel