Xerox Workcenter copier xe80 tray lock lever broken

Some paper jammed in the angled paper tray feed at the rear, and I broke something unjamming it. The lever no longer solidly presses up against the paper. It's just floppy, but still on its fulcrum pivot. I found a short piece of black plastic free on the bottom-3/4" long, cylindircal and a hole down the length. Xerox faxed me an exploded view of the tray area, but it's not sufficient to tell what's going on. It looks like a fun filled evening to pull it all apart. Anyone got a clue how the lever operates or what might easily break back there?

Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA) (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W, 2700 feet

"He who laughs, lasts." -- Mary Pettibone Poole

Reply to
W. Watson

Hmmm, I found a service manual on the web for $25. Maybe that's the ticket. .

Reply to
W. Watson