Woodpeckers

I've got a cedar shake ranch with a dense population of thrushes around it. There's one spot on the house which, for whatever reason, attracts the birds. I understand that this behavior is called "drumming". I find myself replacing 3-5 shakes a year and going nuts at 0-dark-thirty in the a.m. when it starts. Has anyone come up with a practical, humane repellant? I have no problem using the old Ithaca, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Reply to
C.J.

Do a Google search for woodpecker repellents and you will find lots of methods and products Pat

Reply to
Patscga

check your shakes for bugs.. that is what the wood peckers are after the bugs..that in the wood.... they did a number on my tree, not very deep, just below the bark to get to the bugs there........

Reply to
jim

Speaking of Woodpeckers:

indago

No tips. There is a brick house across the street that has been used for the last three years for drumming. The metal down spouts sound really great.

TB

Reply to
Tom Baker