Wont' start?

I'll look next. ....., Wow, an excellent video for me Thanks a lot.

I had tried to open the air cleaner cover but even in the daytime, the sky was too cloudy and dark to find the last screw. Should have gotten a flashlight, but it's soft plastic and I pulled it open enough to pull out the foam air cleaner a little bit. Looked like new and clean. And I left it pulled out a bit so no interference with air intake for a few tries.

I'm 99.9% sure this carb has no drain *hose*, but it almost surely has that drain, so maybe I won't have to open the carb, maybe I just have to clean it out.

It's also a good video becaus it lists eveyrthing I have to do to get the carb off.

IS IT A BAD IDEA TO REMOVE THE CARB, LEAVE THE INTAKE MANIFOLD OPEN, EXCEPT FOR A RAG STUFFED IN IT, and the hoses open because they're not connected, FOR THE REST OF THE WINTER, UNTIL APRIL? Maybe I think I can do everything in one day and then I can't and it drags on to April. Why does cold weather seem like it would hurt the inside of the engine more than warm weather, when chemical reactions are faster when it's warm?

When I lived in Brooklyn NY 30 years ago, there was always one weekend day each month in the winter warm enough to put the top down and go for a drive. Now I have 7 days to work with but I don't remember always getting warm days in the winter in Baltimore. It's not that I can't work in the cool or cold -- I can and do when it's important

-- but that this is meant to be fun, and it's not so much fun if I'm cold. And I'm not going to ride it, for fun, unless the weather is warm.

As to reassembly, after I had already decided to check the petcock by sucking on it, I read a review that seemed to say it was part of assembly instructions to suck on it, though other reviews said there were no assembly instructions!! I think there really are.

Yes, it has that. I can imagine the choke causing problems. I wanted to look at it, or control it manaually. It's attached with two Phillips screws I felt I wasn't getting a good bite on one screw and the full-size screwdriver I had with me wouldn't fit the other. I meant to come back with a smaller one. And I was trying to figure out how not to lose the washers that someone said it had.

OTOH, I can't imagine it getting that warm in 15 seconds that would cause too much choke to be a problem. And if too much choke were the problem, I can't imagine it running 15 whole seconds. There isn't much change in choke position in beteen the 3rd second and the

15th second in my experience with cars.
Reply to
Micky

You should be okay. I've used a piece of duct tape over engine openings I wanted to cover too. A little acetone takes the goo off if there is any when you remove it.

Reply to
rbowman

How would I move the float up and down? The carb is still in one piece, and mounted in one place.

That's a good idea. I don't know that I've ever run it dry, but I've run it to the point where it stops.

I can't get at that without removing the carb.

The output pressure is adjustable. I'll be careful.

Reply to
Micky