Wiring Two of Three fluorescent Lights?

Makes sense. I would rather use a junction box, screwed in there. For obvious reasons I want to be code compliant. So when the time comes to sell the house, and an anal inspector comes through ripping electrical tape off my wire nuts - he sees that I am (was?) an amateur, but a higher class of amateur.

and hopefully these stories of electronic balasts failing are

Logical. I played golf with one of my dad's friends - he runs _a_ county forensics lab and had a few arson cases. When they can't figure out what caused a fire? Thay say electrical. So 9/10 times when the newspaper says a set of crossed wires caused a fire - they don't know.

Reply to
Edward

Yup. Need strain relief and protection from sharp edge of knockout.

If you are talking about Romex, it should be marked NM-B. The "B" indicates it has 90C rated wire insulation.

(Individual wires would be THHN.)

-- bud--

Reply to
bud--

That's the pits. I've been living in this house for decades.

Anyway, I think I'm ready to rock! two cable connectors on that jbox NM-B cable....

Edward