Wiring Question/Problem

Hi Jody!

J > My question/problem is this: I have a circuit coming out of the J > breaker box with a 15 amp breaker with 12/2 wire going to a junction J > box. From the junction box I have some 12/2 going to a dimmer switch. J > From the dimmer switch some 14/2 goes to a track light with 3 haylogyn J > bulbs. Also from the junction box some 14/2 goes to another dimmer J > switch from that switch some 14/2 goes to 6 recessed lights. J > J > After making sure all connections are nice and tight and correct, I J > flip the power back on at the breaker and I get no lights. I use my $3 J > tester and it beeps letting me know that there is power running thru J > the wires at all locations, however, lights won't work. Any ideas/help J > would be appreciated.

Obviously there is an open somewhere. (!) Before going into the circuit breaker panel as another respondant suggested I would temporarily tap a light bulb into the circuit (yes, wire in the socket for the light to go into). If the test bulb works then you know the circuit is good to that point.

Breaker box ----> Jntn ----> Dimmer1 ----> Halogen Track Light Box | -------> Dimmer2 ----> Six recessed lights

As neither set of lights work the problem is has to be at their common points, namely breaker box, junction box, the wire between. You also said you were getting an indication of voltage present from your tester, which means the black wires are probably OK. This pretty much leaves the white wire as the fault.

  • Stay the patient course. Little worth is your ire. Network is down.
Reply to
barry martin

if the hot is there it could be in the netural the light bulb test may work if not test it from hot to ground if it now works the problem is in the netural Regards Gary

Storage Sheds for the NY tri state area

Reply to
Gary